Single course provision
Single course provision is available for Stage 5 and Stage 6 courses to students who cannot study the course they want (other than a language) in their government or non-government school. Students need to meet specific guidelines to be eligible for distance education. Single course students can study one (or more under exceptional circumstances) courses at Sydney Distance Education High School while continuing to study the rest of their courses at their home school.
What are the benefits?
Studying by distance education enables students to:
- select courses of interest or necessity which are unavailable in the home or host school
- fit their study into existing school timetables and work at their own pace in their own time
- have direct contact with teachers by email, phone and post
- be visited by teachers in their school where appropriate eg supervisor of major HSC works
- attend study days, seminars and excursions to provide contact with other students
Where to apply?
Applications are made by the Principal of the home school. The Principal will determine if the student meets the guidelines for single course provision at Sydney Distance Education High School before sending the application.
For further information regarding closing dates, course fees and payment details, please refer to our single course provision information handbook.
Single course provision enquiries: (02) 9383 0200 and ask to speak to the person responsible for single course provision applications at our school.
You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information handbook and application forms
- 2023 single course provision information handbook (PDF 2.3MB)
- 2023 single course provision application (PDF 1.7MB) (only emailed pdf forms will be accepted by Sydney Distance Education High School)
Enrolment and registration (ERN) information for DE enrolments
If the student is enrolled at another government school they will need to be shared with Sydney Distance Education High School on the ERN database.
Change of supervisor
Change of supervisor form for single course curriculum access provision.